WHAT DOES OUR PARISH RECEIVE WHEN WE ORDER A GOD IS GOOD VBS DIRECTOR's KIT?
Your parish will receive a sturdy, plastic Director's Kit for the specific theme you choose. In that Director's Kit you'll discover a full sized Director's Guide and professional Director's Flash Drive. You will also receive our unique, colorful, Art, Game, Snack, Role Play, and Prayer Guides tor volunteers. Finally, your kit features a Dance DVD, CD, Posters and a FREE T-SHIRT, so you will know what to order for your kiddos!
WHAT ABOUT EXTRA ITEMS TO ENRICH THE THEME?
We offer purchasing opportunities to buy Themed tees, CDs, Decorations, Color Sheets, Name Tags, Extra Guides, Posters and extra fun God is Good Items!
WHAT ARE THE AGES THAT ENJOY GOD IS GOOD VBS PROGRAMS?
- Children ages 4 to 12 participate as learners in groups. Children who are in middle school are typically enthusiastic group leaders.These mentors also decorate, answer higher level questions and shine in role plays, dancing and singing. High school students, parents, grandparents and others volunteer to prepare and lead the various faith formation stations. We provide a variety of questions for each lesson for you to consider asking depending upon the ages you are teaching.
WHAT OTHER MATERIALS WILL WE NEED?
Our material lists are found in the Director's Guide and in faith formation station guides for art, game, prayer, role play and technology materials. Our snack guide contains a modestly priced grocery list. When creating lessons, we consider a variety of parish situations and you may choose adaptions if your parish is on a budget. At our God is Good VBS Shop we suggest: T-shirts and/or CDs, color sheets and a fun item to encourage good behavior ("prizes" can be special time, too).
WHAT ARE YOUR THEMES? WON’T CHILDREN MISS A CARNIVAL THEME OR FRIENDLY ANIMAL?
- Children come to Jesus naturally and embrace the rich treasures of our Catholic faith. Just as the Mass does not rely on trends to know Christ, we introduce our themes by enveloping children in the Bible, Jesus' life and His Church. God is Good VBS lessons explore friendly prophets of the Old Testament, the Gospels of the New Testament, our beautiful Catholic Teachings, Sacraments, Saints, the Apostles' Creed, our Liturgical Year, Vocations and more. Children learn as they pray, play, create, and sing!
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT THAT VBS LESSONS ARE DEVELOPED BY A CATHOLIC EDUCATOR?
- Being seasoned Catholic teachers and experienced leaders, we understand how importantuser-friendly, full sized, lessons and guides are. We also understand how to catch children's attention about the objectives of the lessons. Scope and Sequences, classroom management, preparation, material lists and learning styles are carefully considered so leaders can easily lead VBS. "Child language" is used through out lessons and we have confidence in children's abilities, as we consider the age group being taught.
WHO HELPS CREATE GOD IS GOOD VBS CURRICULA?
- We have an outstanding team help with many creative elements of our guides. An experienced cook helps us with snack recipes. We get fresh ideas from technology and physical education experts. Our priest reviews our theology for an Imprimatur. Our videographer and musicians are professionals. Thank goodness for our art graphic designer, as we are tremendously proud of the attractiveness and color in every lesson.
WHAT ABOUT GOD IS GOOD VBS DECORATIONS?
- We believe that children's surroundings can be decorated by them, so children can certainly prepare assembly murals. You will see a sense of pride and joy as children decorate their own space. However, it is also fun for the children to see posters and Holy Land items as they walk into their space. We continue to add assembly banners, stand-up cutouts, posters and more at our God is Good VBS Shop and we have more ideas at our BLOG, too!
COMMENTS FROM PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU . . .
"We used your director's guide suggestions
to recruit many volunteers and found seventy
leaders to teach double the children we used to reach!"
~ Myrtle Beach, SC, Catholic Church DRE
" I just want to tell you how OUTSTANDING and AMAZING this curriculum is.
I can tell that you guys have poured your heart and soul into this
and I’m so thrilled o implement a truly Catholic VBS at our church this summer!
So proud of you !!!!
~Lauren Finck Nelson, Midwest City, Oklahoma
"My favorite part of this summer VBS was the prayer station.
We prayed in Church and Adoration and we learned about the stations of the cross.
The little ones like that station too, because our leader was very spiritual
and kept it understandable for their age."
~ High School Volunteer, Watertown, MN Catholic Church
"I was tired of revising programs to add more Catechesis to the curricula. Other publishers did not infuse the children in their Catholic faith. So, when I saw God is Good Catholic VBS, I knew it would already be solid Catechesis and easy to plan and lead!
~ Rob Layer, Past New York Catholic Church DRE, Presently Director of Catechesis in New York Diocese
" I enjoyed using a genuinely Catholic program. We have done VBS for decades at our parish but this may be the first time we have ever had a program that shared our uniquely Catholic faith with the kids. Our prayer station leader said that from the first day, the kids were so excited to learn the story of St. Isaac Jogues that they look forward to her station for the rest of the week."
~ Christina, Catholic Church DRE who lead Discovery Mission VBS, 2017
" I have never run through an obstacle course, or eaten yogurt covered raisins, grape juice, Swedish Fish and that 'new meat' (substitutes for Old Testament food) at a VBS. And, the music was better than last year. This week was so much fun."
~Nicolas, VBS Participant in MN
"Thank you for this Catholic program. I would not change a thing about your curricula. It went really well and the children really enjoyed it. We will be returning to purchase next year's theme."
~ Deb, North Dakota Catholic Church, Customer since our first summer.
"I am a music director and this is the first time I noticed the adults enjoying the music as much as the children. WLP (music publisher for God is Good VBS) offers energetic, excellent music. Thank you for making our car rides, with St. Luke Tunes CD, more enjoyable this summer!"
~ Heidi, Chanhassen Catholic Church, MN, VBS Parent